WatchCatLogo

WatchCatLogo

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Good news, Bad News

So October is finally here and since Halloween lands on a Watchcat Wednesday this year, I wanted to premiere a Halloween episode of Watchcat. 

Well, a lot of things have been keeping me from that goal lately and the original idea turned out to be over a minute long. Even with some help on it, I haven't been able to get it together.
  Girls' DC Comics Catwoman Halloween Costume - image 1 of 1And that's where you gotta get creative and I think I did just that by producing a much shorter idea. I can't really post much about it right now, because its so short and simple, that I would ruin the surprise. However, here are some of my reference images...





Our last post got over 1,081 views and hoping new viewers might check back more often.

Watchcat was started to see if I could animate a cat who fights crime in his neighborhood. We wanted to make several episodes and be able to string them together to tell a bigger story. We also wanted to upload it to Youtube to see if we could build an audience.

This weekend passed 5,300 views on our Watchcat Films Youtube channel, up to 156 subscribers and I'm pretty sure we would have more if our cat farted, barfed or pissed on something. But our subscribers are classier than that and deserve a lot more.

This blog is now up to 45,055, views and getting more everyday.

Viewers are showing their support by clicking on the blog ads more than ever before, or whenever I beg them to click on the ads. We received $6.62 in September.
Bad News

☆ Grumpy Cat Tardar Sauce Tard :¦: Art By Olechka ☆My biggest complaint is that we still don't have a solid story about this character. I discovered after making the first two episodes, which were edited together to make one, that our cat  goes after the bad guys and that's it. No flaws in his character, he's got powers, but how or why was never explained. I have suggested to Greg to come up with a graphic novel story, because making 2 to 3 minute animation shorts is very time consuming, since I'm the only person animating it. And whatever we do next, we need a solid character, not just one that chases the bad guys here or there. We need to show what is he afraid of, where does he come from, why is he doing this? And most importantly, Why do we care about this character?

The Good News

Animating a character in development with humor in very short pieces of :15 to :30 second is doable. Currently changing our animation design a bit to experiment with using a different animation technique called Cut Out animation in hopes to making the animation more efficient. This pipeline will be used for our upcoming Halloween short. So keep clicking those ads and get ready for Halloween.

Please show your support by clicking on the ads or subscribing to our YouTube channel Watchcat Films.

Next WeeK: follow this link Superheroes on a new radio show.

No comments:

Post a Comment