WatchCatLogo

WatchCatLogo

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Halloween Baseball



This happens the same time every year. People get weird by walking streets with their children on this one and only night. They walk down my block, ringing doorbells or knocking, some even yell "Teeky Teet"!  Everyone is dressed up as comic book superheros, ghosts, witches, killer clowns and even royal princesses. The scared people inside, run to their doors with a bowlful of something that makes the little Zombies go away, some even yell, "Thank you." as they leave.

Last night, this same scene happened once again on the night of game 6 of the World Series between the LA Dodgers and the Houston Astros. My only night of rest and I'm already to enjoy the big game on my favorite couch at Nick's place. Nick's a young guy who move here a few year's ago to become an actor in Hollywood, but now is working at the LA Historical museum.

Tonight, Nick enters the room wearing a skull face mask as he answers his front door. I can hear the "Teeky Teets" have arrived again. Nick gives them handfuls of candy to make them go away and soon they're gone. Nick then turns to look at me on the couch and says, "Sorry Smoke, I'm going out and so are you."

Nick calls me Smoke, which is fine by me, but I'm not very happy when he turns off the game. The next thing I know, I'm back on the street and Nick is walking away down the sidewalk. I decide to walk down the other way to try to figure out what to do next. Why did Nick have to go out tonight, the big game was on, I thought it was our game night together. My thoughts were running around in my mind until met Zoltar.
"Here Kitty, hey there my friend" Zoltar called to me from his mystic box. He carefully removed himself from the box and stepped towards me. "Come on, here Kitty." I had never seen this place before; an odd circus of sorts featuring a fortune teller man in a glowing box with the name "Zoltar" above it. If this guy was a fortune teller, perhaps he could help me out. I slowly approached him as he bagan to pet my head.

"Who's this." asked a bearded lady as she slowly approached us. "Someone's cat, he looks hungry" said Zoltar, "What's the score?" The bearded lady started to pet me as well. "Dodgers are up by 3."


Instantly, my Watchcat powers alerted me, "Dodger fans, TV nearby." I quickly do my best cuteness roll to the ground which soon gets me a bowlful of milk, a lap on a fellow Dodger's fan and a chance to watch the rest of the game. Dodgers won game 6.



Everyone reading this post should click on the ads to help us send a check to a local Animal shelter. So far, we are up to $55.51 and Google won't send us a check until we reach over $100.00 or so in ad clicks. Thank You!





No comments:

Post a Comment